LIFE AS YOU LIVE IT: FIVE ON FRIDAY

FIVE ON FRIDAY

02 January 2014

How is everyone's first Friday of the year?

Linking up with these 4 ladies again to share with you my Friday thoughts!


-ONE-
Has everyone made their New Years resolutions?
If not, or if you're looking to add another one, be sure to try the 52 week money savings challenge!


Each week of the year, you save that much in dollars, so that you have a total of $1,378 saved by the end of the year!
Find all the templates and instructions here.

-TWO-
I have officially made and posted my 30 BY 30 list!
Join in and make a list of goals for yourself!
So far I have already completed one! My polar plunge!

-THREE-
You can't beat this walk to work!

I am loving this snowy weather!
I woke up yesterday morning around 6am to find a fresh coat of powdery snow! 
Absolutely beautiful!
Definitely makes the walk to work (and everywhere else) 10x better!

-FOUR-
New Years was great!
My Dad picked me up in Boston and we drove over to the Atlantic City area to be with family!
Nothing beats our Dutch traditions!
Oliebollen (fried dough with apples and raisins served with powdered sugar), Pannenkoeken (Dutch pancakes with bacon, cinnamon apples, and raisons cooked in)
cards, and family!




-FIVE-
I don't know if this is something that goes any farther than the East Coast, but has anyone else heard of Alex and Ani bracelets? It is especially popular in the Boston area, and I only just learned about them when I moved here in August.

Everyone I work with wears them, my roommate wears them, everyone I see in the city has them.
Basically, they are like charms to a bracelet, except you collect the bangles and wear them altogether. You can wear just one, you can wear a couple at a time, or you can wear 10 to 15, or as many as you can run up your arm. 

I think they're really fun, and are a great way to accessorize your outfits, as well as collect charms that you like!

Thanks to my roommate my one and only sponsor I am quickly adding to my Alex and Ani collection!
She bought me the Boston skyline charm for my birthday, and then she bought me my birthstone charm and a compass charm for Christmas! It's so fun to add to the collection!

I think I'm going to run on over to the Garden and snatch up the Celtics and Bruins charms since they are only sold there! FUN FUN!


Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the link up....I was given my first Alex & Ani bracelet from my niece for my birthday and then her parents gave me another one for Christmas. They are like the new Pandora fad. i love them! Your Boston one is really cute.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that 52 week savings idea! How smart!!! And I love Alex & Ani! Loveliest bracelets ever!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi love your savings idea. How can I edit to make it for 2014? Any information will be helpful. Thanks Mona

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs