LIFE AS YOU LIVE IT: Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving

29 November 2014

We spent our Thanksgiving in Pittsburgh this year celebrating the 50th year of marriage of my mom's parents, and it was wonderful!
 (In August, we celebrated my dad's parents 50th anniversary as well in Bar Harbor!)

We had family from Tennessee, North Carolina, Ohio, Maine and Massachusetts all gather for a delicious meal, good company, and a great time!

Here's a quick wrap of our weekend with two pictures because apparently I hardly took any. Fail. 

+My family ran a turkey trot Thursday AM, while mom and I dragged our out of shape behinds on a one mile walk (that I barely survived). 

+Dinner was AMAZEballs complete with home made everything. I think it's safe to say that I had the best cheesecake of my life freshly made from the Carolina Cheesecake Company

+Friday morning we had some "cousin" pictures taken for my grandparents, and then found ourselves wondering around the hills emptying our wallets. I'm pretty proud to say that I'm about 80% done with Christmas shopping. 

+Saturday we woke up early to begin our 10 hour drive back into Boston.

 Happy faces from our sibling shopping spree! Oh, how I love these three!

If there is one thing you need to know about my family father, it is his spontaneity! You really have to give yourself a day or two before a planned trip to prepare yourself for his last minute change of plan side trips. As I type this, I'm snuggled on the couch at our ski house in VERMONT chillin' like a villain. Vermont!? That wasn't exactly part of the the PITTSBURGH game plan, but on our drive home back to Boston, a big bright light bulb went off in his head, and he picked up the NY thruway and detoured into the mountains for a night. Being here is one of my most favorite places in the country. Surrounded by mountains, snow and being slope side with a fireplace and a warm bed is definitely worth a small detour, I only wish I had my gear so that I can make a few runs tomorrow. 
via

I hope that everyone had an amazing and blessed Thanksgiving filled with good food and great company!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs