LIFE AS YOU LIVE IT: 8 TIPS THAT WILL HELP YOU RESET YOUR WEEK!

8 TIPS THAT WILL HELP YOU RESET YOUR WEEK!

27 January 2016



Ready. Set. Reset!
Put your Sunday to work prepping you for the next week!


WASH YOUR SHEETS AND TOWELS
  • Technically you're supposed to send your sheets through the wash every three days, however if that's not feasible, at least try to get those sent through the wash on your Sundays! There is no better feeling than crawling into bed surrounded by fresh sheets! By the way, I recently made the switch to Tide PODS, and it couldn't make this chore any easier! No more lugging an entire bottle of laundry detergent down to the laundromat, all I have to do is throw two of these into my laundry basket and we're good to go! Plus, everything comes out smelling amazing!!

ORGANIZE YOUR COMPUTER DESKTOP
  • My desktop background starts to disappear by the end of the week from saving photos, paperwork and projects directly to it. I try to make folders as I go, however when that doesn't happen I usually sort through them on Sundays and file them accordingly.


FOOD PREP
  • I am 10x more likely to eat a healthy, well-balanced meal when it is planned out and appropriately proportioned out for me. I look at the week ahead, plan out my meals and put the right measurements of food into these delitainers (fyi... they ship in huge quantities). Each container holds one cup and makes it easy to grab and go. If I'm preparing a meal from scratch at home, everything is already measured out and cut up!

PUT TOGETHER A TO DO LIST
  • I live my life by a to do list. I keep a running list in my notes app where I'll add and delete tasks as they are completed. This isn't ever anything elaborate, however it does remind me to do simple things like my laundry, go to the post office, bank, upcoming deadlines, projects, etc. When I look at the week ahead, I'll update it and make sure everything that I completed is crossed off! 


PLAN YOUR OUTFITS OUT
  • Digging through my closet and bureau is not something I enjoy doing in the morning which is why I am finally mastering the art of planning out my outfits for the week ahead of time. After months of cleaning out my closet, I feel as though I have finally found my staples which does make putting an outfit together much easier! 

REVIEW YOUR PLANNER
  • No week is ever the same which is why I am constantly referring to my calendar to keep me in check. I used to use a daily planner, however I found my iPhone to be the most efficient these days. It's easy to input dates, it's always on me, and it syncs to the cloud so that I can access it on other devices. I like to look at my week in advance and reference to it throughout to make sure I don't miss any important due dates, appointments or meetings.


CLEAN OUT YOUR PURSE
  • I'm currently using a black crossover (similar) as my go-to bag and I love it! The convenience of being hands free and constantly having everything very accessible is the best! My only problem is... despite it's size, it become a blackhole for receipts, business cards, tissues and bobby pins! I've found that if I stay on top of it and take everything out of the bag at the beginning of the week, it doesn't build up as much! I strip it down to the essentials each week and am good to go!

CLEAN YOUR INBOX OUT
  • I don't know if this will ever be possible for me, however I do dream of a world with a clean inbox. Between my school, work, blog and two personal email addresses, my inbox is constantly flooded daily with mail that needs read and addressed. I do love that all of my gmails are in one place and would love to eventually get the other two under that server as well. In the meantime I have implemented a new rule for myself where I will not open an email unless I have time to respond, reply, and file it right then and there. This helps me to avoid opening emails and forgetting to respond. I'm currently working through deleting old, old emails that make everything look cluttered.

How do you reset your week?

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I really like this list - I definitely feel better when I clean up around the house, do laundry, and plan out meals/ grocery shop before Monday rolls around!!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs