LIFE AS YOU LIVE IT: Delicious Broccoli Salad Recipe

Delicious Broccoli Salad Recipe

28 November 2016



Today I am sharing a delicious and easy broccoli salad recipe that is sure to be a crowd pleaser. 


The ingredients that I use for the salad include:

  • 6 Cups of Broccoli Florets
  • 1/2 Cup of Chopped Onions
  • 1 Cup of Shredded Carrots
  • 1 Cup of Raisins
  • 1/2 Cup of Salted Sunflower Seeds


I went ahead and combined all of the ingredients into a large bowl. One change that I did make is that I did not include bacon in this recipe. I swapped it out for shredded carrots. They add some flavor and color to the salad, plus it is a little bit of a more healthier option. Once all of the ingredients were combined I tossed the salad to make sure everything was mixed together and all of the ingredients were distributed evenly.


The ingredients that I use for the dressing include:

  • 1 Cup of Mayonnaise
  • 1/2 Cup of Sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar


Once I combined all of the ingredients for the dressing, I went ahead and mixed them together until the sugar had dissolved and it was smooth. This dressing is very sweet, but that is what makes the salad so good. I dumped all of the dressing right on top of the salad and then I tossed the salad again with the dressing to make sure that every piece of the dressing had some dressing on it.


I went ahead and put the salad in the fridge for a couple hours to let it cool and let the dressing settle. If you are ever doubling this recipe, you really don't need to double the dressing. There will always be more than enough, as it settles on the bottom.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs