LIFE AS YOU LIVE IT: The BEST Sugar Cookies!!!!

The BEST Sugar Cookies!!!!

28 December 2016


Today I am sharing the best sugar cookie recipe out there! These rank high on my list which is why I continue to share this recipe over and over here. They taste amazing, you don't have to chill the dough, they hold their shape when you bake them AND they aren't super hard and crunchy. They are the definition of the perfect cookie! 


Begin the adventure by preheating the over to 350 degrees and then in a large bowl combine a cup of butter and a cup of sugar and mix until it is creamy. The butter should be softened at room temperature.


Next, add 1 egg, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, ½ teaspoon of almond extract and then mix again!


In a separate bowl, combine 3 cups of all purpose flour and 2 teaspoons of baking powder and then slowly add to the wet ingredients while continuously mixing.


I ended up using my hands at the end because the batter became too thick for the mixer. If your dough is too crumbly add some vanilla extract and if it is too soupy, add a little bit of flour.


Roll out the dough and punch out some cookies with your favorite cookie cutters, place them onto a baking sheet with parchment paper and then stick them in the oven for 7-8 minutes. If you leave them in the oven for anything longer than 10 minutes they will start to brown and become crispy.



While those are baking I usually start mixing up some frosting. I mix together powdered sugar, food coloring, vanilla extract and milk and just keep adding the powdered sugar and milk until I get the consistency that I am looking for. When the consistency is not too runny, but still thick enough to stay on the cookie, I transfer it to a little bottle to pipe the cookies.



To help expedite the cooling process and to eliminate possibly breaking warm cookies by transferring them to a rack, I slide the entire piece of parchment paper off of the tray and decorate them from there. It makes cleaning the mess up that much easier!


Once all of the cookies are piped, using the same bottle of frosting, I change the cap to a different cap that has a slightly wider mouth to dispense the frosting and I begin filling the cookies in.


I use a toothpick to move the frosting around so that the entire cookie is covered in frosting. Make sure you cover them with sprinkles relatively quickly, as the frosting will begin to set.


Once they have all been frosted, I like to transfer them back to the tray and onto a clean piece of parchment paper. This is not necessary, however it helps eliminate a potential sprinkly mess.



Once the cookies are done drying, I like to stick them into a plastic bag to store them in the meantime. Again, this is not necessary, however if you plan on passing them out to friends and would like to keep them as fresh as possible... this helps!!


ENJOY!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs