LIFE AS YOU LIVE IT: Fun DIY Valentine's gift for HIM!

Fun DIY Valentine's gift for HIM!

13 February 2013



Guys are difficult to shop for. They just are! Being the lady, it's a little bit easier, as we are not really expected to plan an elaborate date night with candles, movies, massages, and an expensive dinner. However, we always LOVE, LOVE, LOVE getting our significant other something special for Valentine's day.


I try to make L's gift homemade and from the heart each year, however I will eventually run out of ideas and resort to a pizza with pepperoni shaped as a heart. Last year, I did the 52 things I like/love about you thing, and I think it turned out great! I wasn't too sure what I was going to do this year until I found these wooden letters from a local boutique. After painting them black on both sides and letting them dry, I printed out TONS (I mean tons) of wallet sized pictures of L and I from the past 4+ years, cut them down and glued them on the wooden letter. After cutting off any extra scraps, I covered the entire letter with Mod Podge, front and back, and then did another coat on the front. I made the letter "L", an "&" sign, and the letter "K" to represent out first initials (Landon & Kaylie). I tried to keep the pictures in order from when we first met, to out last picture together, but I had to move some around so that they would all fit perfectly. I really LOVE how they turned out!

It's not exactly the manliest gift you can give your guy on Valentine's day, however it was a lot of fun to make, and it's meaningful! (:

What kinds of things did you get your guys for Vday?? I need advice for next year ;)

Other homemade Valentine's Day gifts that I have made include:



10 comments:

  1. So you covered the whole thing in Mod Podge, like the glue stuff?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!

      I completely covered it with Mod Podge to give it a nice glazed look.

      Delete
  2. Do you know what size the letters were?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any idea where I could find letters like this? This is such a good idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. What kind of paper did you print on?
    Also, what kind of Mod Podge did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Useful information shared..Iam very happy to read this article. Thanks for giving us nice info. Fantastic walk-through. I appreciate this post.for more details something like visit Bags and Fillers Partyware get more informations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow. very good idea. Thanks and Happy mothers day 2014 to all of you

    ReplyDelete
  7. What paper did u use. Could I just use photo paper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used regular printer paper. I'm sure photo paper would work, but I'd be worried the Mod Podge might smear the ink on photo paper.

      Delete
  8. An important topic-I'm so happy to see it addressed. Thanks for sharing gift ideas for gift for men. While deciding gifts for him, one should not forget that the men are more rational and the same attitude gets reflected in their likings.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs