LIFE AS YOU LIVE IT: Etsy Lust List

Etsy Lust List

18 June 2014

I am slowly, but surely developing a white ceramic animal obsession and I don't know why.
I love the simple look against a painted wall or piece of furniture.
They're warm, they're welcoming, and they're animals!

Check out these beautiful Jonathan Adler pieces!
 I need this whale pitcher right now.

... or a penguin!

Such a pretty hippo!

Unfortunately, his art is a little out of my price rage, so I will be looking elsewhere...

With that said, I have been perusing Etsy, in hopes of falling in love with some ceramic pieces, and some other fun decor that I've been lusting over lately.

These adorable elephant book ends by playingdirtypottery are too cute! In the description it says that she pours clay into a vintage mold, and then fires it up in a kiln. Sign me up! I love them just plain white, but I'm kind of envisioning possibly painting them a bright yellow, or teal and setting them up on a white bookshelf. Oh, and did I mention they're only $16!?

Faux animal heads are definitely out and about these days, which is why I am hard core crushing on this polyresin moose head by WhiteFauxTaxidermy ($44.99). This guy measures 13.5" H 12.5" W 4.75" D, however you can easily order one that is larger at $89.99. Don't want him white? They have several painted versions on their site as well. In the future, I am definitely seeing this guy above my bed, planted between the framed ski mountain slopes that I put together!

Our new living room (come August) is very bright, which is why I want to do a navy blue/white/grey theme. I'm envisioning white furniture, a neutral rug, with a grey chair, white couch cover, and fun decorative spurts of navy! I have already picked up a few navy/white chevron pillows, and some navy/white vases, and was ecstatic when I can across this sweet herringbone fabric ($9.50/yard) by PinkDoorFabrics. I would like to cut 12" x 12" squares, and put them as a matte in these Ikea Ribba frames, with a 4" x 4" instagram picture or quote in the center of each one. 

 This isn't exactly "interior decor", but I'm crazy about these monogrammed initial necklaces by SwirlStudioDesigns.

Call me a crazy cat lady, but this painting (and several others) by WaterInMyPaint is too fun! I may just have to give in and frame this baby up on my wall.

What's on your Etsy lust list?

p.s. What color goes well with navy besides white and grey? I need more color in my living room!

p.s.s. If anyone finds a decorative, decent sized ceramic moose please let me know (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs