LIFE AS YOU LIVE IT: Snowmageddon

Snowmageddon

28 January 2015


I honestly can't imagine living anywhere that doesn't snow... it is my element. 

Yesterday, we were spoiled rotten with a snow day and over two feet of snow! 
The day started early Tuesday morning when we were watching the news and decided to go check out the beginning of the storm. We ventured around the North End and eventually found the CNN news crew over at the Christopher Columbus Park. After our 1 AM stroll through the neighborhood, we bunkered down into our heated bed and woke up 8 hours later to a winter wonderland! We had some snow day french toast and then bundled up to go play!



We spent a huge chunk of the day running around in the snow all over the city. We ended up at Boston Common where people were setting up jumps on hills and boarding over them, as well as sledding down the hills using boxes and trays and cross country skiing through the streets. We also found a handful of happy pups playing on the swan pond in the public garden, and a ton of news crews hanging out by the state house. New England loves this stuff. 




When we were hiking back to the North End we started to starve and were crossing our fingers hoping there would be a sandwich shop or something open to quench our hunger. We turn the corner and BAM, Vito's (our go to bar) was open and packed! We were luckily able to score some seats and ordered out usual eats... grilled cheese and tacos. Stopping at Vito's made me feel like I was taking a ski break and heading into the lodge for lunch. Snow gear everywhere, and beers in everyone's hands. Except for me, I went for my favorite sunny drink because I think I'm in Florida? Afterwards we crawled home and drank up some hot, hot chocolate and took naps because we're apparently old and can't hang anymore. 


Side note... L and I are loving that new "Hack My Life" show... we're learning so much!


 Yay for snow days! 
post signature

6 comments:

  1. Aww it looks like you guys had such a fun day! So much snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a fun time!! I cannot imagine getting that much snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am quite jealous! It's been in the 80's all week here in Dallas! It looks like SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs