- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Mix the butter and sugar until it is creamy
- Beat in the egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract
- In a separate bowl, combine the baking powder and flour. Slowly add to the wet ingredients while still mixing.
- Roll some of the dough out onto parchment paper, measuring about 1/4 inch thick
- Punch out your cookies using your favorite cookies cutters and then place them onto your cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes and let cool completely before frosting and decorating.
Enjoy! We usually make our own frosting out of powdered sugar, milk, vanilla extract and food coloring! What is your favorite sugar cookie recipe!?