LIFE AS YOU LIVE IT: Travel Lust List

Travel Lust List

11 March 2016


Like clockwork, I get a severe case of the travel bug every March and the desire to visit someplace new. While we are creatures of habit and often travel to the same destinations each year, I do have a little travel lust list up my sleeve as to places I would love to visit the next time, money and adventure allows! (:

(image via)
  • Heli-ice cave exploration. Say no more, I need to do this! You are transported via a helicopter to the ice fields to explore the many ice caves right outside of Whistler. Truly a beautiful experience, I want to go so bad!
  • Scandinave Spa Whistler takes day spas to the next level. It is a beautiful 20,000 square foot outdoor spa that is located on the edge of Lost Lake in the heart of nature. They're open year round which is awesome if you are visiting in the winter for a ski trip!
  • The Whistler Sliding Centre is home to the fastest bobsled run in the world and operates rain, snow or shine! It definitely looks like it is worth the visit whether we decide to partake in the fun or just watch!
  • Whistler also has a Fire and Ice show every Sunday evening where athletes entertain to fun music and hit a big air jump that takes them through a ring of fire! And it's free!

(image via)
  • It's sad that I have yet to visit the vineyard, despite living only an hour away! Whenever I make my way there I will be sure to bike my butt all over the island!
  • For the inner shopper in me, I heard that Circuit Avenue is a great place to find fun little island gems! Lots of fun eateries, historic sites, and live music as well!
  • The beach. T H E   B E A C H !

(image via)
  • I think that when we make our way to Alaska, I would like it to be via a cruise ship, that way we can take in the incredible, breathtaking views of the glaciers from the water. 
  • If we dock and are close enough, I would love to visit some of the national parks for a day trip. So much beauty and natural wonder!
  • I would also enjoy learning more about Alaska's heritage and history by taking the Skagway which takes you to a mining camp with live costumed characters.
  • Alaska is also home to a wide variety of wildlife who live untamed in their natural habitats. What a gorgeous site!

(image via)
  • While I do love my creature features, there is nothing wrong with enjoying the many local watering holes that surround BVI!
  • BVI is known for their incredible sailing and dive sites. I will be taking advantage of both of these!! If I'm feeling brave, maybe I'll explore the RMS Rhone shipwreck. Probably not though, I hate anything that is submerged in a body of water.
  • BVI has a handful of beautiful resorts that I need to better educated myself on. Going somewhere tropical with lots of sand and an adult beverage in hand is the perfect description of a vacation...
 (image via)
  • Amsterdam is gorgeous! I was kindly offered a trip there when I was 17 and loved it. Loved it so much that I want to go back and take L this time! I highly recommend taking a canal boat ride to see your way around the city. 
  • The Anne Frank Museum is a must see for obvious reasons. So much history in one place!
  • I know that you can find Madame Tussauds museums almost everywhere, however I loved visiting the one in Amsterdam and plan on visiting by again!
  • De Negen Straatjes aka shopping. I don't think we hit this shopping hub up last time, but believe me... I will find my way there ;)

(image via)
  • There are more than 50 unparalleled miles of biking trails on Aspen Snowmass mountain. Having never been mountain biking before, this may be out of my experience level, however it does look like an incredible reason to get outside!
  • Every summer, students partake in the Aspen Music Festival where they share their talents and preform for free. 
  • If visiting in the summer, I would like to hike West Maroon Pass, as it is one of the most photographed spots in the country. Whether it's just to picnic at Crater lake, or to watch the sunset, it's apparently a "must see".
  • I'm a big skier so visiting in the winter would be ideal, however, apparently fall is the best time to visit! The temperatures are amazing, there is beautiful fall foliage, and the trails are less crowded.

 (image via)
  • I've never been scuba diving, and I feel as though the best place to give it a go would be in Hawaii ;) right? (Either here or BVI)
  • I've also never swam with the dolphins before, and believe me that is on my list as well! 
  • I would love to see the Peal Harbor memorial, and have been told numerous times that the best way to see it would be to take the helicopter tour. 
  • I'm a closet chicken lover (as pets, not to eat them), and word on the street is that Maui has chickens EVERYWHERE! Knowing me, I would love to take a driving or walking tour through the back roads just to see the chickens!!!

 (image via)
  • Horse drawn sleigh ride go with snow, as macaroni goes with cheese. Such a fun and memorable experience!
  • I am fascinated by tubing parks. Fascinated! I've never been to one before, but I love the idea behind them. Think hot cocoa, mittens, snow and tubes! 
  • Another thing I have never done is ride in a hot air balloon. They freak me out a wee bit, but is certainly is an experience I want to have at some point in my lifetime!
  • Going on the Interconnect tour in Park City sounds like a skiers dream. This guided hike/ski tour takes you across six resorts in one day, what a great way to explore the Wasatch mountain backcountry!


What's on your travel lust list?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs