LIFE AS YOU LIVE IT: Baby Shower Gift Idea!

Baby Shower Gift Idea!

12 April 2016


Two of our nearest and dearest friends from high school are expecting a little bundle of baby boy joy this June making L and I both a self-proclaimed aunt/uncle! Unfortunately, we are unable to make the baby shower later this month, however, we did put together a little something for him that will hopefully be an heirloom keepsake.

They asked that in lieu of a card, everyone bring a book instead, an idea that I absolutely love! While perusing Old North's gift shop the other day, I saw the classic, Make Way for Ducklings, leaving me nothing but inspired - what a fitting book that every kid should have! I dragged L down to the Make Way for Ducklings statues in the Public Garden and had a kind tourist take this fun picture of us with the happy Mallard family looking their springtime best!

We taped this picture on the first page of the book and wrote a little note to him.

In addition to the book, I found a shop online that handcrafts natural, heirloom wooden toys that can be personalized. I fell in love with the cow teether, as well as some personalized blocks that spell out his name. They're fun, original, and smell so good! These gifts alone were enough to give me baby fever, they are all so cute --- no babies anytime soon for us though.


I spent way more time that I should have wrapping them up to send them out for shipping, but hey, wrapping's my favorite!


Hopefully these gifts will be a constant reminder as to how much his Auntie K and Uncle L love him! (:

What's your favorite baby shower gift idea!?

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Such a great idea and perfect for me as well since I have a few friends having babies that live in Boston! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs