LIFE AS YOU LIVE IT: Weekend Rambling

Weekend Rambling

16 April 2016

(Little cat, big door... just kidding, she's 12 pounds!)

  • After being introduced to sweetgreen (yummmm) at the end of last month, I'm working on making an easy vegetarian rendition of their harvest bowl that I can throw together at home. So delicious, filling, and healthy! I will share on here once I figure it out!
  • I live in my pajamas, and that is not an exaggeration by any means. I spend more time in them than anything else. They're the first thing that I put on the second I get home everyday and they don't come off unless I need to shower or go out in public. They're comfortable, easy, and I don't care if they get cat hair on them. Great success! The pair I wear most frequently are really meant for Christmas, so I'm on the hunt for some "4 season pajamas", if ya know what I mean! These ones from J. Crew would be ideal, but I'm not sure how well white will do here. I love the idea of this top and bottom set as well, perfect for summer! Any suggestions? 
  • I'm a sucker for Olive Garden's Chicken Gnocchi soup, making me pretty pumped to try this version at home. It's a pretty simple recipe, calling for shredded carrots, onions, rosemary, chicken, chicken stock, lemon juice, heavy cream, parmesan, nutmeg, gnocchi, spinach, garlic, and olive oil. So maybe it's a little involved, but people swear by it and claim that it's much better than Olive Garden's.
  • I am taking a writing for research class for my biology degree that I am 2 weeks (TWO WEEKS, PEOPLE) away from getting. In this class, we had to pick a topic, research it to the Nth degree,  design a research experiment, write an entire report about it and then present it. I chose to study the environmental factors in soil that affect the bitterness levels in hop growth (It's a page turner). I'm no expert, but after all this research and over 2.5 years of working around a microbrewery, I am slowly learning and felt inspired to try my hand at a tiny hop garden. A friend who grows his own hops kindly gave me some Columbus hop rhizomes, and I put them in the soil last week! WELL, we are cat sitting my sisters cat and she accidentally got locked out the room with the litterbox, so being the resourceful cat that she is, dug a big hole in my hop garden and did her business there. I WISH I had saved the snapchats that I sent to my sister, what a big mess to wake up to... the soil was EVERYWHERE!

Enjoy your weekend!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. wow, that research writing sounds like no-joke--go luck!
    katelyn
    www.theyellowspectacles.com

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs