LIFE AS YOU LIVE IT: We're Moving! Today!

We're Moving! Today!

15 June 2016

Surprise!


Remember the picture below? I dropped a hint back in March about a potential adventure coming our way. 


As you may or may not know, L and I are originally from the midwest and made the move to New England in the summer of 2013 (I just realized none of the pictures from that post show up, that makes me sad). We have been in Boston for the past three years to finish up our degrees, start our careers, and experience a new and different area. I am so glad that we made the move to Boston, as it has been nothing short of an amazing place to live. I could go on and on about how great it is, however I may start crying... so let's save that post for another day! We knew that Boston would be temporary, as L missed having a backyard and the country life.

In March, L accepted a position to a job located in NH that offered him everything he was looking for, for his particular position. He and I were both very excited and interested in the area, as it would only be a short two hour +/- move for us. A couple months later, I was offered a position in the same area, which I am very thankful for as well. Through a mutual friend, we were able to secure a little home a 10 minute drive to work. 

L and I also just purchased a vehicle, as we haven't needed one in three years. Now that we're in the sticks and are unable to walk everywhere, it was a necessity. As I type this, L and his brother are hitting their twelfth hour in the car as they make the trek to Boston. Once they arrive, we will pack up a few things and continue the trip right into NH!

Fortunately, we still have our apartment in Boston through July which makes moving 10x easier. Because we still have the space, we will be able to move everything over in phases. Phase one (today) is the cat, her stuff, the TV/cabinet/movies/games, and some bedding. 

Being the geek that I am (no shame), I designed a moving planner to help us have a hopefully seamless move! It's 12 pages of important contacts, packing lists, room layouts, moving tips, you name it! I just put it up in my Etsy shop today.


My favorite part of the planner is on the last page under the "moving tips" section. I put together a box of "first day essentials". While we are moving to a furnished home, I still feel as though these are a few items that we may need when we first arrive. Paper towels, toilet paper, disinfecting wipes, a measuring tape, snacks, hand sanitizer, dish and laundry detergent, barrel liners, scissors, tape and pens... just to name a few. It will be nice having these very important items all together in one place for when we need them!


 I will continue to keep you posted as to how the move goes! I'm thinking I will try to make a little vlog since I've been enjoying the world of youtube (my channel) lately! I'm off to continue packing! (: Wish us luck!


2 comments:

 
site design by designer blogs