LIFE AS YOU LIVE IT: View Through My Lens: April

View Through My Lens: April

30 April 2016

I started posting these "view through my lens post" to help recap each month through my iPhone shots to keep random snapshots saved and easy to find. They have quickly become my FAVORITE post to write, as I am able to relive each and every little memory from the month.


We started out the month with a bang! L asked me to marry him while we were hiking Cathedral Ledge in North Conway! I was truly shocked and am still on Cloud 9! I can't believe we've been engaged for over a month now - time flies!


Two of our nearest and dearest friends from high school are expecting their first little one this summer, so we put together a little something something for him. We cannot WAIT for his arrival!


We wanted little Levi to have the book, "Make Way for Ducklings", so we ran down to the Public Garden to get this fun photo with Mrs. Mallard and her ducklings. Make way for Spring!


I'm pretty excited about the wedding planning, which I have yet to begin! I designed a wedding planner checklist for my wedding binder and put it up in my Etsy shop. There's nothing like a five page checklist to keep you on track!


Couldn't resist sharing this calendar worthy shot of Macy Cat. She looks tiny compared to this door.


I've become recently hooked on the harvest bowl from sweetgreen, so I took matters into my own hands and put together an easy vegetarian dupe of the delicious salad. Scrumptious!


As I mentioned on here before, I am putting my green thumb to work by attempting to grow a tiny hop garden. A friend kindly gifted me with Columbus hop rhizomes and they have made tremendous growth progress, aside from the cat incident. Oh well!


I'm going to miss these stairs - there is a move in our near future!


I get these random desires to try something new... this month it was needlepoint. Stars and stripes are coming soon!


L's family is visiting this week/end which gave us the perfect opportunity to be tourists in our own city. The following pictures are a few of the adventures that we found ourselves on!


 I always run around the monument in Charlestown, but have never been this close to it. We look like teensy, tiny ants!


 We made it out to a Red Sox game and ended up with AMAZING seats. We could touch the dugout and could practically see the sweat on the players. Not too shabby!


 ...and then it got really cold. Really, really cold.


I attended Taste of the North End for the first time and got to spend the evening with great company! This gets me one step closer to eating my way through the North End!


Boston harbor. Beautiful!


 We had good intentions of going on the Harpoon Brewery Tour, however the wait was 3+ hours! We ordered a flight, noshed on a pretzel, and then walked home.


 After walking past this house everyday for the past year, I finally went inside to tour it. So much fun history here!


 This picture makes me truly appreciate where we live and all of the incredible history that surrounds us. There is no other city that will ever compare. I'm glad that we have been able to spend a little slice of our lives in Boston and encourage anyone and everyone to do so as well!


Looking forward to what May has in store for us!

January // February // March 


post signature

2 comments:

  1. you guys and that golden duck is too cute!
    love it!

    Katelyn

    theyellowspectacles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell from photographs how much fun time you had there! I am planning my engagement at one of best venue Houston TX, as my fiancé loves this place. Hope we both also get to spend some quality time there.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs